DayBoil Golden Can
THIS CONTEST IS OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF NEWFOUNDLAND AND LABRADOR WHO ARE OF LEGAL DRINKING AGE. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. ALL WINNERS MUST ANSWER A SKILL-TESTING QUESTION. FROM JULY 25, 2022 UNTIL SEPTEMBER 30, 2022, LOOK INSIDE 14,000 SPECIALLY-MARKED QUIDI VIDI DAYBOIL 8 PACKS FOR YOUR CHANCE TO WIN. PRIZES: CONTESTANTS HAVE A CHANCE TO WIN 1 OF 75 ADMISSIONS TO THE GOLDEN CAN EVENT (THE "EVENT") TO BE HELD AT QUIDI VIDI BREWERY. THE CHANCE OF WINNING ENTRANCE TO THE "EVENT" IS 1 IN 186. THE CHANCE OF WINNING $10,000 IS 1 IN 14,000. SEE BOTTOM FOR MORE DETAILS.
PRIZES: Throughout the contest period contestants can find 1 of 75 golden cans which grant admission to the Golden Can Event (The "Event") to be held at Quidi Vidi Brewery.
The chance of winning entrance to the Golden Can event is 1 in 186. There is a 1 in 14,000 chance of winning the single grand prize of $10,000.
HOW TO PLAY: If you find a Golden Can, you win entry to the Golden Can event to be held at Quidi Vidi Brewery on November 5th, 2022, where the single grand prize of $10,000 will be selected from the entrants. For no purchase entry requirements
HOW TO CLAIM PRIZES: To redeem a golden can, please call (709) 738-4040. The number of golden cans will diminish as they are claimed throughout the contest. Contest closes September 30th, 2022 ("Contest Close Date"). Golden Cans must be redeemed by October 14th, 2022 ("Prize Claim Deadline").
Full Contest Rules Below.
Full Contest Rules
- THE CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest entry period (the “Contest Period”) commences at 12:00:01 am Newfoundland Time (“NST”) on July 25th, 2022 and concludes at 11:59:59 PM NST on September 30th, 2022.
- ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter and win, you must be a resident of Newfoundland and Labrador and of legal drinking age. You are not eligible to enter or win, if you are: a) an employee, representative or agent of Quidi Vidi Brewing Company Limited (the “Contest Sponsor”), or any of their respective affiliates, advertising or promotional agencies, any participating stores or the prize suppliers; b) an employee or contractor of a provincial liquor authority, a participating licensed establishment or any liquor licensee authorized by a provincial liquor authority; c) anyone involved in the development and/or administration of the Contest; or d) a member of the immediate family (defined as parents, siblings, children and spouse, regardless of where they live) or household (whether related or not) of any of the above persons.
- HOW TO PLAY: During the Contest Period, look inside one of 14,000 specially-marked 8-pack cases of Quidi Vidi Dayboil sold in Newfoundland and Labrador for a chance to win. If you find a Golden Can you win entry to the Dayboil Golden Can event to be held at Quidi Vidi Brewery on November 5, 2022. For details on how the Grand Prize winner will be selected, see Grand Prize Winner Selection (Section 7).
- HOW TO PLAY: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: To enter for entry to the Event, write an original 250+ word essay on the topic of “Tell us your funniest story about Dayboiling (drinking in the daytime) in Newfoundland and Labrador”, along with your name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, and the statement “I am of legal drinking age in Newfoundland and Labrador,” and send in a postage paid envelope to: Quidi Vidi Brewing Company Ltd., 35 Barrows Road, St. John’s, NL, A1A 1G8. Only one entry per postage paid envelope. Essays that are copied, forged, counterfeit, or otherwise unoriginal will be automatically disqualified. You must provide the information requested. Entries must be received during the Contest Period. For information on Prizes and Winner Selection, see Section 5. For information on Prize Redemption, see Section 6.
- PRIZES AND WINNER SELECTION: At the contest outset, seventy-five (75) entrants to the “Dayboil Golden Can” Event (“The Event”) to be won through in-case and No Purchase entries. No Purchase Necessary winners will be contacted by phone. Winning entry to The Event has no retail value ($0 CAD). Odds of winning entry to The Event are 1 in 186. One (1) Grand Prize of $10,000* will be awarded at The Event.. Odds of winning the Grand Prize are 1 in 14,000. Prizes must be accepted as awarded. Prizes are non-exchangeable, non-refundable, have no cash surrender value and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to deem a prize transferable, or to substitute and/or modify a prize with (a) prize(s) of equal or greater value.
- PRIZE REDEMPTION: To redeem a Golden Can,” please call (709) 738. Upon calling, winners will be asked to provide basic information (name, telephone number, email address, home address) so they can be contacted with details about the Event to be held at Quidi Vidi Brewery on November 5, 2022. Winners of Entry to the Event must correctly answer, unaided, a skill-testing mathematical question. No Purchase winners of entry to the Event will be contacted by phone. The potential winners who fail to claim before the deadline, as instructed, will forfeit their entry. All winners of entry to the Event must claim their entry by September 30th, 2022 at 11:59:59pm NST.
- GRAND PRIZE WINNER SELECTION: The Grand Prize draw will take place on November 5, 2022 at Quidi Vidi Brewery. Event entrant winners must be present to participate in the Grand Prize draw. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for any cost associated with attending the Event. Upon arrival, each Event entrant winner must correctly answer, unaided, a mathematical skill-testing question, sign a Release Form (see Section 10 for details) and present valid photo ID. Each Event entrant winner will fill out a ballot to be entered into the Dayboil Golden Can Grand Prize draw. Ballots will be drawn at random one at a time and, when a ballot is selected, that participant has the opportunity to select a ball at random. If the participant selects the golden ball, they will win the Grand Prize valued at $10,000. If the golden ball is not drawn, another ballot will be drawn and another participant will select from the balls until the golden ball is drawn.
- PRIZE CONDITIONS: All incidental costs and expenses not specifically referred to herein as part of the Grand Prize description (the “Expenses”) are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. The Grand Prize winner shall not seek reimbursement for the Expenses from the Contest Sponsor. The Grand Prize winner will receive the Grand Prize from the Contest Sponsor on November 5, 2022 at the Event.
- NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES: The Contest Sponsor makes no representation or offers no warranty, express or implied, as to the quality or fitness of any prize awarded in connection with the Contest. The prize winner understands and acknowledges that he or she may not seek reimbursement or pursue any legal or equitable remedy from the Contest Sponsor should a prize fail to be fit for its purpose or is in any way unsatisfactory to a prize winner.
- DECLARATION AND RELEASE OF EVENT ENTRANTS AND GRAND PRIZE WINNER: Upon arrival at the Event, each Event entrant winner must correctly answer, unaided, a skill-testing mathematical question and sign a standard form Declaration and Release of Liability (the “Release Form”) confirming that by entering the Contest:
- he or she read, understood and accepted these Contest Rules;
- that he or she understands that acceptance of the prize may involve danger and/or exposure to risks and hazards of both man-made and natural origin, whether arising from foreseeable or unforeseeable human error and negligence, and that, as a result, he or she may suffer damage to personal property, serious personal injury, illness or even death;
- that he or she nevertheless freely and voluntarily agrees and does hereby assume any and all risks of personal injury, illness, death arising out of or connected with his or her participation in the Contest and winning a prize; and
- that he or she releases the Contest Sponsor, the Affiliates, and all of their directors, officers, employees, agents as well as their respective advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability arising in connection with participation in the Contest and acceptance of a prize, including, without limitation, any financial, legal or moral responsibility or loss or personal injury including death or damage to or loss of property suffered or incurred or arising from participating in the Contest or accepting a prize, whether suffered by the prize winner, or by his or her heirs, administrators, personal representatives or executors, and notwithstanding that such injuries or losses may have been caused solely or partly by any act, omission, negligence or gross negligence of any or all of the Releasees.
- TERMINATION/MODIFICATION: Subject to applicable law, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, terminate, modify the Contest Rules or administration of the Contest, in whole or in part, without prior notice with no obligation or liability, including, if for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, whether due to technical failure, tampering, fraud, corruption of security or other causes beyond the control of the Contest Sponsor.
- OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES: All entries shall become the property of the Contest Sponsor and its advertising and promotional agencies. The Contest Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen, destroyed or otherwise indecipherable entries due to any failure or technical malfunction of the telephone network, on-line computer systems of equipment, servers, access providers, software, poor reception, technical problems, failure of any email or submission or due to any other reason regardless of cause.
- PUBLICITY: By entering the Contest, each entrant consents to the use of his or her name, city or town of residence, photograph, voice, likeness, image or any other aspect of his or her personality for any publicity and programming purposes, commercial or otherwise, in all media used by the Contest Sponsor, promoters and their advertising and promotional agencies, without any payment or compensation.
- CONSENT TO COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION: By entering the Contest and voluntarily providing personal information including, but not limited to, name, address, city, email address, home and office telephone numbers (the “Registrant Information”), each Contest entrant grants permission to the Contest Sponsor to collect and use of the Registrant Information for the exclusive purpose of administering the Contest, redeeming prizes and selecting the Grand Prize winner. No correspondence will take place between the Contest Sponsor and the entrants except in connection with the Contest and, in the case of the Grand Prize winner, as a result of entering the Contest and winning the Grand Prize.
- TAMPERING: If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including due to production issues, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Sponsor that corrupts, impairs or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Contest Sponsor reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend the Contest and/or prizes. The Contest Sponsor further reserve the right to disqualify, from this Contest and future contests of the Contest Sponsor, any individual who tampers with or in any way corrupts the entry process. The Contest Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion, the Contest Sponsor determine that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or any unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or the Contest Sponsor’s representatives. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any property or web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including lawyers’ fees) from any such entrant or any other individual to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering the Contest, the entrant agrees that the Contest Sponsor shall have no liability and shall be held harmless by the entrant for any damage, loss or liability to person or property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of entering the Contest, the acceptance, possession, use, enjoyment or misuse of any prize, or while preparing for, participating in any Contest-related or prize-related activity. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone failures of any kind, lost No Purchase Contest submissions or winning Caps, whether caused by the Contest Sponsor, users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions that may cause damage to a user’s system or limit an potential entrant’s ability to participate in the Contest.
- COMPLIANCE WITH CONTEST RULES: All contestants agree to abide by the Contest Rules, which are subject to change at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor.
- COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS: This Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all federal, provincial, territorial and municipal laws and regulations of Canada and of each province, territory and municipality of Canada, respectively.